The Economic Self-Sufficiency Program helps to promote strong and economically self-sufficient communities by determining eligibility for food, cash and medical assistance for individuals and families on the road to economic recovery.
Programs available include:
- Help with Medicare Part B and Part C
- Food Assistance
- Pharmacy Assistance Programs
- SNAP: Food Stamps
- Medicaid Renewal
- LIS-Medicare Rx Help
- Medicaid Application
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- Housing Application
- Grocery Delivery Assistance: Instacart Amazon Prime
- Extra Savings Program Application
- Home Health Care Application
- LTC Application: Long Term Care Application
- OTC Beneﬁts
- LIHEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program)
- EBT Assistance
- Electronic Bill Pay Assistance and More!
Reliance Medical Centers Resource Center connects those in need with public assistance information and programs through the Florida Department of Children and Families Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency (ACCESS). Resource Center programs are not only available to Reliance Medical Centers patients, but are offered to anyone in Polk County!
The Food Assistance Program
The Food Assistance Program helps individuals and families purchase nutritional foods needed to maintain and promote good health. The Temporary Cash Assistance program provides ﬁnancial assistance to pregnant women in their third trimester and families with dependent children to assist in the payment of rent, utilities and other household expenses. The Medicaid Program provides medical assistance to individuals and families to cover or assist in the cost of services that are medically necessary.
“It’s our goal to serve our patients and community by ensuring we are meeting their needs both in and out of our medical centers.”
Our Resource Advocate is your connection to all local community resources such as affordable housing and food banks. In addition, each Medicare Advantage plan offers a monthly allowance for items such as:
- Cold Medicine
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Incontinence Supplies
- First Aid Supplies
- Vitamins and More
Our Resource Advocate is available to assist and facilitate registering and ordering the Over-The-Counter (OTC) beneﬁts for anyone on a Medicare Advantage plan.
You may apply for assistance from any computer with an internet connection at www.myﬂorida.com/accessﬂorida or stop in to see our Resource Advocate.
We can provide you with:
- Paper Applications
- Access to a Telephone to call DCF Customer Service
- Computer Access to Fill out an On-line Application
- Printer for ACCESS Documents
- Fax Machine to Fax Documents to DCF
- Copy Machine for use to Copy Application Related Documents
- Assistance with Completing the Webapp
Optimal Aging Research Lab
To learn more, fill in your details below: